Sunday, January 18, 2015

Best and Worse Job

The worst job I ever had title would have to go to my temporary position as a babysitter. I was in high school and I wanted some extra money for something I don’t even remember anymore. As the oldest of three girls, I was always taking care of my younger sister and became very good at it. My mother heard form our neighbor the she was going back to work, and needed someone to care of her kids. My mom immediately recommended me and we gave it a try. It was horrible, and I only lasted a month. Now don’t get me wrong, I love children.  It just wasn’t something I loved doing taking care of the certain children I had to take care of. They were a neighbor’s kids, and all three were between the ages of 4-8. These three children were rowdy and all around misbehaving kids. I know well-behaved and quiet kids exist, but I didn’t the luck of taking care of them. It would have made a big different during my junior year in high school. I would have been less stressed. I’m sure it was just a phase, but I simply had the worst time watching and taking care of those kids. Simply put: chaos.

My best one so far...was actually not a a paying job. It would have be my job at the animal foundation. I was volunteering for my high school credit graduation requirement. I love animals, so I really enjoyed taking care of them. It didn’t feel like a requirement. I had to make sure that they were taken care of. Make sure they were happy. So they asked me to walk them, feed them, play with them, and look after them. You could choose the dogs you wanted to look after, and for good reason. Not every dog was immediately taken with you, and they wanted to avoid any accidents. Once you got to know the dogs, you were able to help the people that came and interested in adopting. Making it easier to choose the right dog for them. It felt good seeing them go to a great family. Not chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment